Somerset Lad

Five Star General

Lead

Feb 22 12 4:21 PM

Tags : :

Gentlemen,

I am looking for limbers, transport (both civilian and military) and general baggage in 28mm suitable for the Indian Mutiny.

There are some lovely photos of the sort of things I am after in David Bickley's ruleset The Devils Wind; but so far all I can find is the Mutineer limber elephant.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Somerset Lad

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Feb 22 12 5:16 PM

It depends on what you want to spend. The Perry Miniatures ACW ambulance would be usable although it comes with figures. Are the Foundry Mutiny ones not still available? First Corps do some nice limbers and caissons in their ACW range but no horse teams, and they are not too expensive at £4.00 each. Try also Redoubt Enterprises. Front Rank might have some useful carts in wagons in thier Horse and Musket ranges as well. Hope this is of some help.

Ive just checked and Foundry are still showing their mutiny limber teams in stock, British and Indian.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 22 12 6:02 PM

QUOTE (Somerset Lad @ February 22, 2012 04:21 pm)
There are some lovely photos of the sort of things I am after in David Bickley's ruleset The Devils Wind; but so far all I can find is the Mutineer limber elephant.

The limbers in my photos are all from Foundry. I think they are still available, but pricey.

http://wargamesfoundry.com/historical_rang...packs/colonial/

{I got most of mine in the £5.00 bargain blisters at Open Days over the last couple of years. }
They also did a Elephant Limber set and the Elephant troop transport, camel transport and the four figures carrying a reclining Brit in the dhoolie, but I can't find them on the web site at present. Try calling them for info?
The mutineers' cart with Oxen was from Boot Hill, with the oxen from Redoubt. They may have other stuff in the Wellington in India range.

Hope that is helpful.
David

"There is no point in being stupid if you don't show it!"

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 23 12 8:32 AM

QUOTE (Somerset Lad @ February 22, 2012 06:48 pm)
By Gawd Sir; where are the smelling salts??

£20 for a 4 horse limber!!!

It certainly makes the eyes smart, Ralph, I agree.

If you are interested I have two limber frames and seats you can have. No wheels, but Irregular do wheels, and lots of firms do Limber Horses ~ can't help with riders I'm afraid though, I sold all the spares last year on ebay...
You can mail me through my Blog address ~
Talesfrom ghq at aol dot com

Hope that's some help?
David

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 23 12 5:04 PM

QUOTE (Somerset Lad @ February 22, 2012 06:48 pm)
By Gawd Sir; where are the smelling salts??

£20 for a 4 horse limber!!!

Amen to that. Someone is obviously paying their prices, but I can't figure out how they get enough people to pay those rates in order to keep in business. Their stuff is nice but ... come on?

Is it some kind of well kept British secret that the Royal Family are all hardcore wargamers? That's all I can figure ...

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Feb 24 12 8:55 AM

I used the HAT Indian Elephants for a lot of my transports, they are the same size as Foundry ones and you get 3 for under £6.
I scratchbuilt all of the wagons, I'll try and find some pictures.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 24 12 8:54 PM

Ralph, I was at the Foundry Open Day earlier on and I can confirm that the following sets were available to buy ~
the Maharaja's Elephant
the Indian War elephant
the elephant limber and elephant troop transport.
the IM limber sets for mutineers, horse and foot artillery.
No sign of the camel troop transport or dhoolie sets
David
PS I bought a set of camel gunners for the Raja of Rhanli's guard.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 24 12 9:40 PM

If no IM riders are available one could always employ ACW Union artillery for the task, they are in shell jackets, and a greenstuff havelock would suitably alter the kepi. The Perry Miniatures limbers are more reasonably priced and for minimum work you'd have what you wanted. Just a thought.

Quote    Reply   

Somerset Lad

Five Star General

#11 [url]

Feb 29 12 12:21 PM

David,

Many thanks for the limbers.

Irregular Miniatures do the horses, wheel, oxen etc. so I've ordered a few bits and pieces from them.

Jon,

I invested in a box of the HAT Indian Elephants and whilst they are a bit on the small size they will certainly do the job.

Cheers,

Ralph

Somerset Lad

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Feb 29 12 9:43 PM

Glad they arrived safely, Ralph. I look forward to seeing pictures of the finished articles soon.
David

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help