Remove this ad

puddingwrestler

Armchair General

#43 [url]

Jan 18 12 9:16 AM

I say, ripping news chaps!
The Journal of the Society for the Study of African River Horse Terrain Manufacture has started a reader's gallery!
If you've given the teachings of the bally hippo a good old red-blooded british try, why not send in some electro-galvanic daggeurotypes so they can be exhibited, what?

Quote    Reply   

puddingwrestler

Armchair General

#47 [url]

Jan 29 12 11:06 PM

What Ho chaps! It may be summer down here in the colonies, but up there in the mother country, I here it's winter. Well, in that case, here's some seasonally appropriate terrain!
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

puddingwrestler

Armchair General

#53 [url]

Mar 14 12 10:26 AM

"Imagine my surprise while on a walking holiday in the upper nile valley when I found myself confronted by a huge and sinister sphinx wrought in the image of a tremendous hippo! Hurridly, I sketched this wonderous and remarkable find, and dashed back to Shepard's from whence I placed a tele-phone call to the Cairo Musseum. They proved most fascinated by the sketches I had taken, but when I attempted to take experts to the spot, I was unable to find it once more..."
From "Circumnavigating the globe with my trusty Webbly & Scott" by Colonel P. W. Rastler, Indian Army (ret.)

Now you too can look upon this magnificent example of devotional statuary from Ancient Egypt, thanks to teams of dedicated researchers and skilled artisans at the Royal Institute of African River Horse Terrain Manufacture who have constructed a replica! Huzzah!

The replica in question

Quote    Reply   

puddingwrestler

Armchair General

#57 [url]

Apr 9 12 12:05 AM

The bally wait is over chaps! At last you can gaze in wonder at the latest masterpiece of Messers Grot Bag & Co; that master piece of bridge engineering of which William Topaz McGonnagal once wrote "Ooooooooo wonderous bridge over the silvery river tay!"... no, wait, that was the Tay Railway Bridge.
Messers Grot Bag & Co, bridge Engineers to the Noble Society of Military Simulationists of Hampton have built something more wonderous, less prone to collapse, and unknown to all but the best of scottish poets.
The Wonderous Bridge over the silvery river Reik!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help