Remove this ad

puddingwrestler

Armchair General

Lead

Mar 27 11 10:07 AM

Tags : :

Hello there chaps! I'm a new bug here, and I just thought I'd inform you all of a really smashing blog. Well, actually it's my blog doncha know.
It's called 'Terrain For Hippos' and it's full of terrain projects so simple a bally river-horse could build them!
Mostly fantasy and that crazy buck roger's stuff that's so popular with the younger generation, but there's a bit of the old historical there too.
Every project is fully illustrated and explained by a Hippo who dashed well refuses to speak the queen's English, and every four 'Ishoos' as the Hippo calls them, we have a reader's choice and you can all vote on what you want to see! Spiffing idea, what? Matter of fact, there's one on know!

To whet the old appetite, here are some daggeurotypes for you!
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Anyway, direct your patent galvanic analytical engine's aetherial web viewer to the link below! Ripping fun!

TERRAIN FOR HIPPOS

Well, pip-pip chap!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

6milPhil

Five Star General

#2 [url]

Mar 27 11 11:23 PM

Couldn't get it to load in it's entirity, after trying a few times ended up with "Server not found - Firefox can't find the server at poikugu.ce.ms."

Quote    Reply   

puddingwrestler

Armchair General

#3 [url]

Mar 28 11 1:58 AM

QUOTE (6milPhil @ March 27, 2011 11:23 pm)
Couldn't get it to load in it's entirity, after trying a few times ended up with "Server not found - Firefox can't find the server at poikugu.ce.ms."

Some filthy peon has failed in his duty! It's happening to me too; either the blog's server or the server upon which I host my electro-catalytic photographs has malfunctioned.

Remember Terrain For Hippos is a democarcy (the birthright of every Briton!), so do take the trouble to vote on the reader's choice polls.

Quote    Reply   

Paul RH

Five Star General

#5 [url]

Mar 29 11 9:15 PM

For some reason I´ve been resisting the urge to look at this thread..and I´m glad I gave in and looked.
Unfortunately the pics won´t load...well not all of them but from reading your posts it looks great fun.
...it looks like the chicken coops are going to be the next build

Quote    Reply   

puddingwrestler

Armchair General

#6 [url]

Apr 1 11 8:26 PM

Here's an important question for all you historical gaming wallahs: what do you look for in terrain? I'm thinking of running a follow up to SF Month later this year, and I intend Historic Month so I can broaden the appeal of the old blog a bit, what? My jolly old club doesn't go in for historics much, so I have no idea of the rules governing terrain in the major systems.
What would you chaps most like to see, and what sort of restrictions and rules do the game systems you use impose upon such things?

Quote    Reply   

puddingwrestler

Armchair General

#7 [url]

Jul 6 11 6:23 AM

What-ho chaps! I've just popped in to say that at long bally last my bally blog is bally fixed (and that I've bally well signed a bally spokesman's bally deal with the bally Bally Pinball Company...)
Apparently it was attacked by Apaches. I always said you couldn't trust them, all that warpaint and feathers and what-not.
Anyway chaps, the blog works and you really should go an look at it.
Also the terrain competition which was meant to run in May, just after the dashed thing stopped working, has been re-schedualed. Full details to follow.

Quote    Reply   

puddingwrestler

Armchair General

#8 [url]

Jul 10 11 11:06 AM

Hello there chaps! That damnable river horse has been at it again! This time he's decided to take a basic building shape and then finish the dashed thing off in four distinct ways. Bally thing took so bally long it's been spread over two of those 'ishoo' things he's always on about. Any way, form an orderly queue and what not for part oneand part two!

There's also a new reader's choice poll so you can exercise your god given right to democracy like every solid Englishman!

Of course, I'd be a deuced cad if I didn't atleast post something nice for you to look at, so have an electro-galvanic dageurrotype!
user posted image

Quote    Reply   

puddingwrestler

Armchair General

#9 [url]

Jul 10 11 11:56 PM

Some sort of blasted scandal has errupted over on that deuced Terrain For Hippos thing. The blasted gutter press are calling it 'the ishoo Grot doesn't want you to see' and even the damn Times has mentioned it. Can't see what all the damn fuss is about meself. Perfectly sensible attire. See you your selves.

Yours, Col. P. W. Restler, Queens Own Mounted Poultry Poltroons.

Quote    Reply   

HPFlashman

Armchair General

#13 [url]

Jul 18 11 1:00 PM

Splendid stuff - thanks for sharing.

I may be internetaly handicapped, but for the life of me, I cant seem to find the actual polling station for the building comp ?...

Best regards

Harry

Why dont YOU make for the forlorn hope, old chap ?

Quote    Reply   

puddingwrestler

Armchair General

#14 [url]

Jul 18 11 10:31 PM

QUOTE (HPFlashman @ July 18, 2011 01:00 pm)
Splendid stuff - thanks for sharing.

I may be internetaly handicapped, but for the life of me, I cant seem to find the actual polling station for the building comp ?...

The poll is the second item on the side bar at right. The Comp is the first item on the side bar at right. There is no poll regarding the comp, just the usual reader's choice poll.

Quote    Reply   

HPFlashman

Armchair General

#15 [url]

Jul 18 11 11:00 PM

Ah, the plot thickens - then its my reading comprehension that's not up to speed in this matter...

Thanks for clearing it up.

Best regards

Harry

Why dont YOU make for the forlorn hope, old chap ?

Quote    Reply   

puddingwrestler

Armchair General

#17 [url]

Jul 23 11 10:46 PM

Thanks to all those wallahs who voted and all that, there were a deuced unprecedented number of votes cast. Looks like the jolly old democratic process has spoken and we'll all be learning about making some sort of heathen floating altar or some such tommy-rot.

Quote    Reply   

puddingwrestler

Armchair General

#20 [url]

Aug 22 11 12:55 AM

The bally new features poll is over, and a wargames era poll has just begun! I'm going to deuced use the data generated to inform my choices on future projects, so please get over there and let me know what eras you play!
Go forth and vote!
Jolly good. Carry on.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help