Remove this ad

Crowman

Advanced Member

Lead

Feb 27 13 1:55 PM

Tags : :

Just purchased the Hinterland Pom Pom Gun and what a cracking model it is. I don't know much about it but some desultory research suggest that it was either a super heavy machine gun or quick fire light artillery so any suggestions as to how it would be classed in VBCW terms?

Some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Silver Fox

Armchair General

#1 [url]

Feb 27 13 2:50 PM

I'd suggest rating it as a quickfiring light gun, something like a 37mm autocannon. the explosive charge would be quite small so use a greande template rather than a normal shell. I had a look at the site and there is some cracking new stuff on there.

Quote    Reply   

Tadportly

Emperor of the table

#2 [url]

Feb 28 13 6:20 PM

I operate a couple of 2pdr pompoms on truck mounts - one scratch built, the other a 1/48 naval piece.  Much fun can be had with tankettes if you have a pompom......

I say do you know the Bishop of Winchester? No? A very fine chap but he doesn't pass the port...

Quote    Reply   

Bobandhisdog

Armchair General

#3 [url]

Mar 15 13 7:45 PM

Truck mounted PomPom

I too recently got the Hinterland Pom Pom along with more trench raiders and flamethrower.  I thought the weapon would not be so useful as a big wheeled carriage, so mounted it in Crossley Tender.

See below.  Made the gunner into driver, changed hat on office (I do not like those spiked helmets for Englishwomen), added one of the naval OR minus rifle as gunner.  Now to paint up.  Naval blue for the truck, I think.  Part of the Guards Naval Brigade, Landship Flotilla.

Here is the original

I am interested in Land Warfare throughout history and beyond, except the Seven Years War, in Europe.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

tim rose

Emperor of the table

#4 [url]

Mar 16 13 10:35 AM

Warings - top choice of the VBCW for the supply of Crossley tenders it seems - mine has a small oerlikon mounted on the back - atb Tim

Sir J. GILMOUR I am aware that the man assaulted in this case appeared in court wearing the uniform worn by members of the British Union of Fascists.

Mr. THORNE May I ask the Home Secretary when he thinks the Government expect to come to a decision about this all-important question so as to prevent these fellows walking about in uniform and carrying india-rubber truncheons and things of that kind?

Lieut.-Colonel ACLAND-TROYTE Would it not be more amusing to make everybody wear coloured shirts according to their political views?

Hansard 15 March 1934

Quote    Reply   

Luddite

Armchair General

#5 [url]

Mar 16 13 12:29 PM

Crowman wrote:

Just purchased the Hinterland Pom Pom Gun and what a cracking model it is. I don't know much about it but some desultory research suggest that it was either a super heavy machine gun or quick fire light artillery so any suggestions as to how it would be classed in VBCW terms?

It's really the first successful autocannon, with a RoF of 200rpm, firing a 1lb (37x94R) solid armour piercing or explosive shell.

Whatever rules you're using i'd class it as the closest those rules have to an Autocannon.

Quote    Reply   

Bobandhisdog

Armchair General

#6 [url]

Jul 10 13 10:34 PM

A follow up to my earlier post. Only took me 4 months but got the Pom Pom truck painted

I am interested in Land Warfare throughout history and beyond, except the Seven Years War, in Europe.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help