Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 21 12 11:49 PM

Tags : :

This Year my Dad retired, I have for the previous 3 years been planning buying and painting a present for him (with help from the rest of the family) I presented him with his fav army the SYW Prussians and the first army we own SYW Russians.
user posted image
user posted image

As you may guess he was little happy, since then he has move up and joined the Lancaster Wargames Club and has a full and active wargames life. I am pretty much still just a painter who gets to game now and then. What I have is an idea buiding at the back of my mind.
I am sure that the SYW is going to become more popular soon, my reasons are that the FIW in its skirmsh form is huge now and before long gamers will think if that is so much fun maybe a full scale war in that period would be great too, that brings them looking across the pond to Europe and every one trying to kick Fredricks butt.
What I want to do is encurage this by getting togther gamers and groups that already play SYW and spread the word through the net and demo games. What I need to do is see if I am way off base with this or if guys would be interested in a SYW Wargames Society put togther to promote wargaming the first global conflict (e.g. FIW SYW in Europe and India)
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 22 12 10:03 AM

Nice Pictures.
It may be of interest to you that a group of gamers in the Oldham area are currently running a SYW campaign. There are currently 7 participants and a number of games have been played, The tricorn a newspaper covering events in the campaign has been posted to this group.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help